CT Douglas Elementary School is one of five public elementary schools in Acton, Massachusetts, currently serving 483 students in kindergarten through 6th grade.
At Douglas School Children feel joyful, valued, brave, are full of wonder, and experience a deep sense of pride.
- We must empower students to do amazing things that make a difference in the world.
- We must meet children where they are and build skills to be Creative, Innovative, and Entrepreneurial young adults.
- Students prosper best with a broad curriculum that celebrates, accommodates, and nurtures their academic and individual diversity.
- Children are natural learners and education needs to foster this - school should not demand a culture of academic compliance.
- Humans are inherently creative - education must arouse and revel in childrens’ creativity.
- Be prepared to make mistakes. If you’re not prepared to be wrong you will never come up with anything original!
- If you are a member of the Douglas community you are responsible for the success of everyone.
- Our students must be caring and intellectually reflective citizens; who can recognize problems both locally and globally and realize that they can each affect change.